Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Joseph, Santiam, Klamath Falls

The end of July and beginning of August was just as busy as Cowboy Christmas. Well I left all of you back in Cheyenne, Wyoming and the Daddy of Em' All, Cheyenne Frontier Days. From Cheyenne I hopped back on a little puddle jumper airplane to Denver, Colorado. I ran across the airport to catch my connecting flight to Portland. I barely made my flight...after waiting at the luggage carousel in PDX I realized my bags weren't as fast as I was in Denver. Knowing that I was leaving for Chief Joseph Days the next morning I had go back to the Portland Airport once my bags came back in at Midnight.
6am the next morning I was in the truck with my horse in my trailer and my Mom and Aunt tagging along, and we were off to Joseph!
I was in such a hurry to get to Chief Joseph Days I almost forgot my favorite travel companion-My Dog Carli!
CHIEF JOSEPH DAYS
JOSEPH, OREGON
Jul7 23-26th, 2009

Queen Sarah Butterfield
Princesses Meagan Mckenzie & Sierra Hopkins
Carli and I stopping in Elgin to fill up the truck!Just a few of the cool things I see drivin' down the road...

Meagan McKenzie one of the Chief Joseph Days Princesses and I... She likes to sport the wild rags just like me! Especially on Pink night!
A Joseph Grand Entry
Getting ready for the Kiddie Parade...
The 2009 Chief Joseph Days court and I showin' our better selves1980's Jazzercise Work Out Girls
We had to stretch and flex before the parade started, this enhanced our dancing ability down Main Street.
Yes, that is a Boom Box on my shoulder!
Wallowa Lake Boat Races
Sarah, Meagan, and I warming up our paddle boat to race St. Paul and Canby!
Let it be known we won both of our races. And both heats were back to back!
Gary Linton of Canby Rodeo & John Growney of Growney Brothers Rodeo Stock.
They just couldn't compete with the leg muscle that powered the boat the Joseph girls and I were on...
Luncheon
My Favorite Boots! Made by Tres Outlaws through my FABULOUS sponsor Desperado in Bend, Oregon.
Geordie Richards (Salem Queen) and I tellin' rodeo stories! This cowgirl is hilarious if you ever get a chance to meet her you will be sure to hear some awesome stories, mixed with a outstanding personality, and big dreams!

Chief Joseph Days Grand Entry, you cant beat the setting of this big rodeo in a small town tucked into the foothills of the Wallowa Mountains & about five minutes from Wallowa Lake
Headed to the Parade down Main Street with my St. Paul girls! The shot right before this we are drinking our waters and eating blueberry muffins, food to go!

Lemonade for sale! 1 cup = 0.50 cents
Cant beat that deal... especially that little boys smile :)
Talking to rodeo friends while pushing stock.

A big thank you to the Chief Joseph Days Rodeo Comittee, their amazing court Sarah, Meagan, Sierra, and hard working coordinator Gail Hillock for making Joseph so much fun! This rodeo will always have a place in my heart while being an annual vacation spot for my friends and family!



SANTIAM CANYON STAMPEDE
SUBLIMITY, OREGON
July 30th - August 1st, 2009
Queen Kami Smith
The week started off with the Jr and Teen Miss Rodeo Oregon Pageant.
All the beautiful young ladies competed for the coveted title of Teen Miss Rodeo Oregon!
Congrats to Ariel Overstreet our 2010 Teen Miss Rodeo Oregon
&
Our 2010 Jr. Miss Rodeo Oregon Savanah Ball
We also held our first annual Sweet Heart Pageant which was a great success with 8 fantastic little cowgirls who gave it their all!
2007 Miss Rodeo Oregon Jennifer Steffen and I after grand entry warm up! Pick Up Man, Ricky Shannon, and I pushing steer wrestling stock out to the catch pen.Run Oakley Run
Are you Tough Enough to Wear Pink?
My great friend Kami Smith who is also Queen for the Santiam Canyon Stampede! I cant tell you just how many goosebumps I got when she posted Ol' Glory and sang the National Anthem beautifully while I stood behind her with the Oregon flag and watched the smiles and tears on her friends and family's faces. The moment was perfect!




THE KLAMATH FALLS GREAT NORTHWEST PRO RODEO
KLAMATH FALLS, OREGON
August 7-8, 2009
One thing that I really enjoy is walking around and getting to know each town for the short time I am there. All the local cowboys told me to visit Drew's Man Store on Main St. This is one awesome western store, complete with Pendleton Wool Products, Wild Rags, and so much more! They have just about everything a man would need and of course many more things for the ladies!
This little Gal and I were showin' off our boots!
Boots = a cowgirls love next to her horse, dog, and truck!
DREW'S BOOTS But the one thing Drew's Mens and Womens Apparel Store is known for is their boots! And huge selection and remarkable quality with a great repair shop. This is Pat Cavanaugh (owner) on my right and their top boot repair man, James on my left! The beautiful yellow topped boots I am holding (and purchased) are a Buckaroos best friend- Olathe boots! One of the top sellers at Drew's Boots.
Shaggin' cattle with the Flag Girls, these ladies where a hoot and one heck of a good time! Thank you again girls for making me feel like home in K-Falls.
Talking with Dodge Pick Up Man Flint Hemstead

Grand Entry at Klamath Falls, Chirs Ledoux, Huge sliding stop on a little grulla horse, and a Soldier that presented one of the many American flags then repelled down into the arena into the group of horses while the National Anthem was ringing.





Another mile, another rodeo, the days are long but filled with memories and unforgettable people! Thank you for making this trip a dream come true, i know it leads me down the road to many more dreams.

:)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

We just want to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to stop by Chief Joseph Days Rodeo.

Debbie